Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Big Girl Happenings

I don't think I have mentioned it on here before, but I think its safe to say now, Miss Anika is fully toilet trained. Dry nights was the last of it and that has been the case now for a while.
She has been going #2 on the potty for a long time...a year Id say, but pee took her body some time to learn.  I know she might regress after the baby arrives, but for now I wont have 2 in nappies at the same time and I am happy about that.  She started at a new place 2 days a week and the drive is a lot longer and I have really enjoyed our morning chats.
 
Anika went to the library with her sitter yesterday. I gave her my library card and she was allowed to pick 2 books.  She picked completely on her own. A potty book and this book about gardens! ha. I read it to her tonight and its about composting and eating veggies you plant.  SO appropriate for her since we compost (and she mentioned how a bear keeps getting into our compost) and we have had an abundance of veggies this year.
 
 
We have fruit flies up in here. I saw this on FB and tried it.
Apple Cider vinegar 3/4 of the way in shallow glass/dish. Then a squirt of dish soap and to the top with water. Bubbles appear on the top for a while.


This is my dish- quite a few caught.
 
 
Anika likes to look at her globe and see where Nana and Poppa live and where daddy is from. Then we look at where we live. She asked me to show her where daddy works. HA! You can barely see the Northeast, never mind point out the New England states to her. She just thinks daddy works far away, but I told her we would need a bigger map to see that!
 
We went to the Science Center this past weekend. There is also a Montessori school there we would Love A to go to. It didn't happen this year because I couldn't get her there with my work schedule. I hope next year we can work something out.


LOTS of animals. We met up with my friend there.








Bobcat!


Mountain lion!



















Did you know that? A plug!









Her face kills me in this

 
Tonight she told me out of nowhere she wants to be an astronaut when she grows up. I asked her if she knew what that was and she said ya, I am going to fly high like  a bird. Hmm.  I don't know where she learned that from.

2 comments:

  1. Yay on the potty training, that's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous that she has been going #2 for over a year on the potty! That's the one C struggles with.

    ReplyDelete