Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Replacing the TP!!! And camping

This morning Anika did something for the first time that surprised me and made me smile.
Last night, I went pee before bed. There was no toilet paper left on the roll, but I was so tired, I just used a tissue from the box behind me. 
 
When Anika wakes up in the morning, she takes her nappie/diaper off herself, and uses the potty by herself and then comes and gets in bed with me, naked.  That's her routine. Sometimes she comes to my bed first (VERY EARLY in the morning if its still dark out)  and lays with me for a bit and then goes to use the toilet later. She uses a stool and gets on the big potty with those little seats that attach to the regular one.  She also has a small potty in her room. She uses both. 
 
 Well, when I got up this morning, there was a NEW TOILET paper roll on the holder!!!  She took the lock off the bathroom cabinet (There is nothing toxic in there, but lotions and toilet paper and stuff) and got out a new roll, put it on the holder and it was even going the right way! ha. She had a LONG piece hanging down and that's what caught my eye. I looked and I asked her if she did it (Andrew is away, so It could only be her).
I laughed because Andrew doesn't even replace the roll when he sees its empty!  She is such a helper and so independent when it comes to all her "jobs". She has a few things in the morning she does upstairs, like turn off her night light, "make her bed", make sure her toys and books are cleaned up from my room and in hers. She puts her night nappies in the diaper pail and her dirty clothes in her hamper.  Last night she told me it was her job to pick the blueberries.  She sets the table and clears her plate for dinner. I love how excited she gets to do her "jobs"  :) For now!!
She likes to pick out her clothes and shoes as well.
Anyway, we spent a few days in Maine. Sunday-Tuesday. I got up at 5 AM Tuesday and drove home, unpacked car, dropped Piri off, showered,  packed Anika's lunch and bag, brought her to sitter and then went to work. LONG day, but worth it!!
 
We met my parents at their house around 11 on Sunday. Andrew couldn't go because he had to work super early Monday in MA.  I left my car at my parent's house and rode up with my mom in her truck and she pulled her camper.  We stopped for lunch and I got a lobster roll.
 
Anika didn't eat much when we stopped for lunch and wanted a wrap later at the campground.
 
We went swimming in the pool when we got to the campground and then I DROPPED MY PHONE in the pool while trying to video tape her swimming. It went in and has no real cover. I picked it up and then it went in again because it slipped out of my hand. I turned it off right away and a lady saw and said she had rice at her camper. She brought it to me later and it was a small microwave bag, so I sent my mom out to get me a big bag of rice. I put it in the rice from 4 pm until 7 AM the next day and it WORKED!! I was SOOO grateful. It was a long time without a phone I'm usually attached to. I used my mom's phone to call Andrew and he was like "good" because he thought it would be great for me not to have it. blah.
 
   My aunt gave her the chair above for her 1st birthday. It comes in a bag and easy to transport.
 
That night, we had lobster. 3 lobsters for $21!
 
 
 As with EVERTHING, "I want to do it myself"  so she tried to get into her lobster herself : )

Monday, it was SOOO HOT. We took the free shuttle about 7 minutes to Old Orchard Beach.
The beach was so crowded for a MONDAY!
I had my phone in a zip lock bag and there are no photos of us swimming, but we were in the ocean for over an hour!! Riding the waves. She loved it.
 
 
 
 
Cooling off Nona's feet!
 
 
 
 
 
We went back to our campground (Bailey's Campground) and she fell asleep on the 4 minute walk back to our camper from the shuttle drop off! ha.
 
A big seat!
 
We went for delicious ice cream!!!
 
 
Then, my dad showed up with Piri! He drove my car up and brought Piri since Andrew was gone at work. Anika was quite excited to see her.
 
My mom stayed at the camp site with Piri and her dog and we went to the pool. We weren't sure if Piri would bark at people who walk by,  and you aren't supposed to let your dogs bark a lot in the campground.  Anika and I swam and swam and then she swam with Gampa.
 
She would swim in circles and say "IM a swimming ballerina" or she told my dad she was a paddle boat when she was kicking and moving her arms. haha
 
 
 
 
After dinner, we had a camp fire and she roasted her first marshmallow.
 
 
Then, on Tuesday we got up at 5 AM and got in the car to drive home. Just Anika, myself and Piri.
 
 We stopped and got a bagel and I would guess this is Anika feeding Piri some of hers! ha.

Short, but sweet!!
My mom goes to this campground in August for a week, so I am sure we will go back again. Anika went to this campground her 1st and 2nd summers as well. There is so much for older kids to do. My niece LOVES it, but she is at camp this week and didn't go this time. This was a last minute trip.
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love that A changed the toilet paper! She is so freaking smart, and all of the stories just crack me up. :-) She looked like she was having a blast at the campground. Hooray for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's getting so big and grown up! Love the camp pictures especially the marshmellow one. So good about your phone!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete